Content Marketing and the Question of Quantity Versus Quality
Every time a business starts a new blog, creates a new social media profile, or begins to redesign their site, they ask themselves an age-old question. Do I focus on quantity or quality? When it comes to your online presence, you may not need to choose. In fact, we recommend that you incorporate quantity and quality into your strategy.
Why focus on quality?
- These days, readers’ attention is difficult to grab. Producing quality content means targeting your potential customers’ specific questions and interests, and putting information out there which provides real value.
- Google cares about quality. Google monitors what your users do when they visit your site. Are they reading content all the way to the end? If not, your page may rank lower.
- A high-quality blog post can be an excellent way of boosting your social media marketing. Do you make several excellent points in one post? Are there a variety of pieces of quality information in this post? Then take each individual point and use it to create one great tweet, FB post, or update on LinkedIn.
Why focus on quantity?
- Think about the blogs, websites, and social media profiles you frequent. What has caused you to prioritize those sites and profiles? If a business is putting out frequent, consistent material, their output is more likely to catch and sustain the attention of its readers.
- Focusing on quantity allows you to experiment. If you use a small amount of resources to touch upon a certain topic without delving into it too deeply, you can easily determine how much interest that topic generates without spending too many resources. Then, use your resources to create quality posts on the topics that do generate interest.
- Look at the numbers. Hubspot has found that there is a direct correlation between the frequency of material produced and the results seen as a result of one’s marketing efforts.
If you’re not sure how to incorporate both quantity and quality into your inbound marketing strategy, talk with an inbound marketing expert at your web design firm about maintaining a balance.
- How Your Website’s Design Boosts Your Conversion Rates - July 20, 2017
- How an SEO Analysis Could Benefit Your Company - June 15, 2017
- What is Responsive Design and What Can It Do For Your Website? - June 5, 2017