What is Responsive Design and What Can It Do For Your Website?
Have you ever visited a company’s website on your phone, and found that the graphics were off-center, the text was difficult to read, and the navigation was nearly impossible? What about your tablet? Do some websites simply look jarring on your iPad? Are they simply less functional? Responsive website design eliminates these issues, by producing websites which adapt, depending on the device on which they are viewed, and are usable and easy to navigate, regardless of whether they are visited on a phone, tablet, or laptop. Why does your business need responsive design?
- Mobile usage is rising. More than half of Americans own a smartphone. That means that a great deal of website views are occurring on peoples’ mobile devices. If you’re emailing newsletters to your customers, engaging with them on social media, or promoting your content on blogs, your users are likely linking to your websites from these channels on their phones, and you want them to be greeted by a simple, responsive experience when they get there.
- Responsive sites garner better SEO rankings. Google recommends that websites utilize responsive design. Responsive websites provide users with a better experience, causing them to spend more time on the website in question. And when users spend more time on a particular website, visiting several of its pages, that site’s ranking improves.
- Your customers are more likely to go where you want them to go. Every business website has a goal: to convert potential customers into existing customers, and to reap more business from existing customers. In order for their website to be effective, it needs to be easy to use, and your users must be able to intuitively get from the home page to a call to action page or a point of contact with your sales team. Responsive design allows you to do just that, on a variety of devices.
Is your web design firm talking with you about responsive design? Ask about their approach to making your website accessible on a multitude of different types of devices in order to build a more successful site.
- How Your Website’s Design Boosts Your Conversion Rates - July 20, 2017
- How an SEO Analysis Could Benefit Your Company - June 15, 2017
- What is Responsive Design and What Can It Do For Your Website? - June 5, 2017